Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm feeling...



I love how my mom has a way of putting a positive spin on things, even the word anxious. Usually when someone says they are anxious about something, it invokes a negative feeling. They are worried, preoccupied, and usually are not happy or excited about whatever it is that they have to do.
Then you have my mom, who weekly, perhaps even daily uses the word "anxious" But instead of saying it as a synonym to worry, it carries of meaning of readiness or excitement. For instance,

"I am anxious for my Pilates class to start."
"I am anxious for my new garden to be planted."
"I am anxious to hear about how the party was last night."
"I am anxious to hear from my daughter in Uruguay!"

I have to say I love hearing that my mom is anxious about something.

*Picture credit http://home.att.net/~boyym/Feelings.html

No comments: